Perşembe, Haziran 30, 2011

Nothing is over! Nothing!


"You did everything to make this private war happen. You've done enough damage. This mission is over, Rambo. Do you understand me? This mission is over! Look at them out there! Look at them! If you won't end this now, they will kill you. Is that what you want? It's over Johnny. It's over!"
"Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the airport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about"
"It was a bad time for everyone, Rambo. It's all in the past now."
"For *you*! For me civilian life is nothing! In the field we had a code of honor, you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's nothing! Back there I could fly a gunship, I could drive a tank, I was in charge of million dollar equipment, back here I can't even hold a job *parking cars*!...Where is everybody?..I had a friend, who was in the Air Force. There were all these guys, man. Back there were all these fuckin guys! Who were my friends! Back here, there's nothing! Remember Dan Forest? Wore this black headband. I took one of his magic markers, and I said: "If found, you mail this to Las Vegas",'cause we were always talkin' about Vegas, and this fuckin' car. This so great '58 Chevy convertible! He was talkin' about his car, he said we'd get cruised till the tires fell off!...We were in this bar in Saigon and this kid comes up, this kid carrying a shoe-shine box. And he says "Shine, please, shine!" I said no. He kept askin', yeah, and Joey said "Yeah." And I went to get a couple of beers, and the box was wired, and he opened up the box, fucking blew his body all over the place. And he's laying there, he's fucking screaming. There's pieces of him all over me, just... like this, and I'm tryin' to pull him off, you know, my friend that's all over me! I've got blood and everything and I'm tryin' to hold him together! I'm puttin'... the guy's fuckin' insides keep coming out! And nobody would help! Nobody would help! He's saying, sayin' "I wanna go home! I wanna go home!" He keeps calling my name! "I wanna go home, Johnny! I wanna drive my Chevy!" I said "With what? I can't find your fuckin' legs! I can't find your legs!" I can't get it out of my head. A dream of seven years. Everyday I have this. And sometimes I wake up and I don't know where I am. I don't talk to anybody. Sometimes a day, sometimes a week. I can't put it out of my mind."

"Bu çatışmaya sen neden oldun. Yeteri kadar zarar verdin. Görev sona erdi Rambo, tamam mı? Görev sona ermiştir. Dışarıya bak. Şunlara bak. Eğer buna bir son vermezsen seni öldürürler. Ölmek mi istiyorsun? Buraya kadar Johnny, bitti."
“Hiçbir şey bitmedi! Hiçbir şey! Bitti demekle hiçbir şey bitmez! Benim savaşım değildi; sen istedin, ben değil! Ve ben kazanmak için yapmam gerekeni yaptım, ama bazıları kazanmamıza izin vermedi. Dünyaya geri döndüğümde havaalanında o pisliklerle karşılaşıyorum, beni protesto ediyorlar, tükürüyorlar. Bana çocuk katili diyorlar, daha bir sürü saçmalık! Onlar kim ki beni protesto edebiliyorlar? Benim yerime orda olup neye bağırdıkları hakkında bi fikirleri olmadığı halde beni nasıl protesto edebiliyorlar?”
“Herkes için kötü zamanlardı Rambo, artık hepsi geride kaldı.”
“Senin için öyle! Sivil hayat benim gözümde hiçbir şey. Savaşta en azından bir onurumuz vardı, ben seni kollardım, sen de beni. Orda helikopter uçurabilir, tank sürebilirdim, elimin altında milyonlarca dolarlık teçhizat vardı, burada bana araba bile park ettirmiyorlar!... Tanrım, herkes nerede?.. Bir arkadaşım vardı, hava kuvvetlerinde. Orda hep böyle böyle adamlar vardı, hepsi benim arkadaşımdı. Burada hiçbir şey yok!.. Dan Forest'i hatırlıyor musun? Hep böyle siyah bir bandana takardı. Onun sihirli jetonları vardı, Vegas'a gönderdiği. Çünkü her zaman Las Vegas hakkında konuşurduk. Bir de o lanet araba hakkında, şu şahane 58 model bir Chevrolet. Arabasını nasıl sürdüğünden bahsederdi hep… Bir gün Saygon’da bir bardaydık. Bir çocuk geldi, elinde de bir boya kutusu vardı. "Boyayayım mı?" dedi, ben istemedim. Israr edince Joey tamam dedi. Ben birkaç bira almaya gittim. Kutuda bomba vardı, Joey onu açtı ve vücudu param parça oldu. Orada yatıyor ve bağırıyordu. Parçaları her yerime yapışmıştı, onları üstümden atmaya çalışıyordum, üstümdeki arkadaşımın vücut parçalarıydı! Her tarafım kan oldu ve ben onu toplamaya çalışıyordum, ama iç organları dışarı çıkıp duruyordu! Ve hiç kimse yardım etmedi, hiç kimse! Devamlı sayıklıyordu,"Eve gitmek istiyorum,eve gitmek istiyorum". Bana sesleniyordu,"Eve gitmek istiyorum, Johnny! Chevy'me binmek istiyorum!" Ben de dedim,”Ne ile? Lanet bacaklarını bulamıyorum ki”, bacaklarını bulamıyordum!...Aklımdan hiç çıkmıyor. Tam yedi yıldır, her gün böyle.. Bazen uyanıyorum ve nerede olduğumu bilmiyorum. Kimseyle konuşamıyorum. Bazen bir gün, bazen bir hafta… Bir türlü aklımdan çıkmıyor..."
 
First Blood (1982) - Ted Kotcheff