Cumartesi, Aralık 11, 2010

I’m Dr. House


House: I’m Dr. House.
Rebecca: It’s good to meet you.
House: You’re being an idiot...You have a tapeworm in your brain, it’s not pleasant, but if we don’t do anything you’ll be dead by the weekend.
Rebecca: Have you actually seen the worm?
House: When you’re all better I’ll show you my diplomas.
Rebecca: You were sure I had vasculitus too. Now I can’t walk and I’m wearing a diaper. What’s this treatment gonna do for me?
House: I’m not talking about a treatment; I’m talking about a cure. But because I might be wrong, you want to die.
Rebecca: What made you a cripple?
House: I had an infarction.
Rebecca: A heart attack?
House: It’s what happens when the blood flow is obstructed. If it’s in the heart it’s a heart attack. If it’s in the lungs it’s a pulmonary embolism. If it’s in the brain it’s a stroke. I had it in my thigh muscles.
Rebecca: Wasn’t there something they could do?
House: There was plenty they could do, if they made the right diagnosis, but the only symptom was pain. Not may people get to experience muscle death.
Rebecca: Did you think you were dying?
House: I hoped I was dying.
Rebecca: So you hide in your office, refuse to see patients because you don’t like the way people look at you. You feel cheated by life so now you’re gonna get even with the world. You want me to fight this. Why? What makes you think I’m so much better then you?
House: When you’re scared, you’ll turn into me.
Rebecca: I just want to die with a little dignity.
House: There’s no such thing! Our bodies break down, sometimes when we’re 90, sometimes before we’re even born, but it always happens and there’s never any dignity in it. I don’t care if you can walk, see, wipe your own ass. It’s always ugly, always...You can live with dignity, we can’t die with it.

House: Ben Doktor House.
Rebecca: Tanıştığımıza memnun oldum.
House: Aptallık ediyorsun...Beyninde bir tenya var ve bu iyi birşey değil. Eğer birşey yapmazsak hafta sonuna ölmüş olacaksın.
Rebecca: Kurdu gerçekten gördün mü?
House: İyileştiğinde sana bütün diplomalarımı gösteririm.
Rebecca: Vaskülitim olduğundan da emindin. Şu anda yürüyemiyorum ve çocuk bezi giyiyorum. Bu tedavi bana ne sağlayacak ki?
House: Ben tedaviden değil iyileşmenden söz ediyorum. Ama sen haksız olabileceğim ihtimaline karşı ölmek istiyorsun.
Rebecca: Seni engelli yapan neydi?
House: Damar tıkanıklığı yüzünden oldu.
Rebecca: Kalp krizi mi?
House: Kan dolaşımının önüne bir engel çıktığı zaman böyle olur. Eğer kalpteyse kalp krizi, akciğerde ise akciğer yetmezliği, beyinde ise felç. Benimki baldır kaslarımdaydı.
Rebecca: Yapılabilecek hiçbir şey yok muydu?
House: Yapılabilecek çok şey vardı, teşhisi doğru koysalardı. Ancak tek belirti ağrıydı. Kas ölümüne pek çok kişi maruz kalmaz.
Rebecca: Öleceğini mi düşündün?
House: Keşke ölsem diye düşündüm.
Rebecca: Bu yüzden ofisinde saklanıyor, insanların sana bakışlarını sevmediğin için hastalarınla konuşmayı reddediyorsun. Hayatın seni aldattığını düşündüğün için dünyayla ödeşmek istiyorsun. Benim de bununla savaşmamı mı istiyorsun? Neden? Senden daha iyi olduğumu düşündüren nedir?
House: Korktuğunda bana dönüşeceksin.
Rebecca: Sadece haysiyetli bir şekilde ölmek istiyorum.
House: Öyle bir şey yok! Vücutlarımız hastalanır, bazen 90 yaşındayken, bazen daha doğmadan, ancak her zaman olur ve bunun içinde asla haysiyet yoktur. Yürüyebilmen, görebilmen ya da kıçını silebiliyor olman umurumda değil. Bu her zaman kötüdür, her zaman. Haysiyetinle yaşayabilirsin, ama haysiyetinle ölemezsin... 
 
House S01E01