Cumartesi, Kasım 13, 2021

Just the belief in the soul..

"So, what's up?"
"On this island, there was this girl. You know, she showed us around. She was the target's daughter. And when she had a chance to leave, she didn't do it."
"She had some guts."
"Why can't I get that out of my mind?"
"Hmm. You know, she stands for something. You know, man, we don't stand for shit. We used to, but that dried all up, like this is gonna dry all up. This here paint is gonna dry."
"What dried up?"
"Just belief, man. Just the belief in the soul, just, I don't know, the human parts, brother. You remember that time we was up in Bosnia? We took down them Serb bad boys? All our guys were gettin' chopped up all around us and there was blood everywhere. I never thought I was gonna make it out of there and I know you didn't and you didn't either. Kinda feelin' like... dead too, ya know? My heads all very, very black place. Didn't believe in shit. Just goddamn Dracula black. I remember I got this bottle of this local shit they have over there. That slivovitz... I think that's what it was called. And I ain't feelin' no pain now... and I come up on this, uh... I come up on this overland bridge, and I see this... I see this... I see this woman standing there, ya know? And she's, uh... I stepped out and she saw me, and she's just lookin' right... right in my eyes. And I was lookin' right in her eyes, and I knew what she was gonna do. She looked at me, and I knew she was gonna jump. You know what I did, man? I just turned around I kept walkin'... until I heard that splash and she was gone. After... after taking all them lives, she was one that I could have saved, but I didn't, and... what I realized later on was if I'd have saved that woman, I might have saved what was left of my soul, ya know?


"Ne var ne yok?
"-Adada bir kız vardı.Evet. Bize etrafı gösterdi. Ama hedefimizin kızıydı. Adadan ayrılmak için fırsatı vardı. Ama gelmedi."
"Yürekli kızmış."
"Neden aklımdan çıkarıp atamıyorum?"
"Kendince bir sebebi vardır. Dostum, bizim bir sebebimiz falan yok. Eskiden vardı ama... Aynen bu kurumuş boya gibi...içimizde bir şeyler bu şekilde kuruyup kalacak."
"Neymiş o kuruyan?"
"İnanç, dostum. İçinde bir ruh olduğuna inanç. İçinde insanlıktan kalan parçalara olan inanç dostum. Bosna'da birlikte iş yaptığımız zamanı hatırlar mısın? Pis Sırp'ları gebertiyorduk. Tüm adamlarımız etrafımızda doğranmıştı. Her yerde kan vardı. İkimizin de kurtulabileceğini sanmıyordum. Sen de sanmıyordun. Kendimi ölü gibi hissediyordum. Kafamın içinde simsiyah bir yerdeydim. İnancımı kaybetmiştim. Sadece kahrolası bir Dracula karartısı. Bu şişeyi aldığım yeri hatırlıyorum. Sanırım ismi Slivovitz gibi olan bir yerdi. Acı falan hissetmiyordum. Sonra da...o eski köprüde uyandım ve...ve bir şey gördüm. Orada dikilen bir kadın gördüm. Birkaç adım attım ve beni gördü. Gözlerimin içine bakıyordu, ben de onunkilere bakıyordum. Ne yapacağını anlamıştım. Bana baktı, köprüden atlayacağını anlamıştım. Ben ne yaptım biliyor musun? Geri dönüp yürümeye devam ettim. Ta ki suya çarpma sesini duyana kadar. Tabii kadın ölmüştü. O kadar can aldıktan sonra...belki de... kurtarabileceğim tek kişi oydu, ama yapmadım. Sonradan kafama dank etti. O kadını kurtarsaydım...ruhumda son kalan insanlığı da kurtarmış olacaktım."

The Expendables (2010) - Sylvester Stallone