Perşembe, Mart 04, 2010


"I'm working on, really hard, on being the best dad and father and husband I can be. And the best me.  I don't want to lose any of the stuff I have. l know it could all go away at one time. And that's a tough part of life. And then, it's just...it's a total rebirth for me. Looking at life in a whole new way. You know, all the other drinking, and all the other junk that I was stuck in. It was so predictable. So boring. I'm out there looking for excitement, and all this stuff. The resuIts are the same, man. l wake up the next day somewhere, in some bed, I don't know who this person is next to me, and I'm drunk, completely hung over, and have a show to do. The resuIt is the same, you know? When life now is pretty exciting. You don't know what's gonna happen, when you're kind of clear and here and in the now, in the moment..."

"Elimden gelen en iyi baba ve koca olmak için çok çaba gösteriyorum. Ve en iyi "ben" olmak için. Elimdekileri yitirmek istemiyorum. Bir anda hepsi gidebilir, biliyorum. Ve bu, hayatın zor bölümü.  Ve o zaman, sanki...bütünüyle yeniden doğmak gibi bişey benim için, hayata yepyeni bir yönden bakmak. Batağına daldığım içkinin ve bok çukurunun sonu belliydi, çok sıkıcıydı. Bütün bu şeylerde heyecan arıyordum, sonuçsa hep aynıydı. Ertesi gün bir yatakta, tanımadığım bir insanın yanında uyanırım. Zilzurna sarhoşumdur, çıkmam gereken bir konser vardır, hep aynı.... şimdi hayatım çok daha heyecanlı. Ne olacağına dair bir fikrin yok, özellikle zihnin berrakken, içinde bulunduğun anı yaşarken...."

James Hetfield, Metallica'nın solisti, "Some Kind Of Monster" isimli belgeselden...